Friday, January 27, 2012

A year and counting

Sorry - I know a few people have asked me about this blog and for updates. I've been busy, lazy, tired, preoccupied, forgetful... all of the above. :P

Anyway, so much has happened in Bethany's short lifetime. The mailman the other day asked how old she was when we went to pick up the mail at the front of the apartment complex. I said, "13 months," to which he responded, "Oh, she's still brand new!"

Yep Beth, you're still brand new.

You gave us 1 month of good sleep at roughly 3 months. You slept about 7-8 hours and Mom & Dad would wake up thinking, "Whoa.. did Baby cry at all?" But then you hit a growth spurt, and I got up about once a night for feeding. Not bad, really. Then at 6 months, you started to sleep about 10 hours through the night and now you're hitting close to 12 hours. Makes us proud and happy to know you're growing so well.

Another thing which makes us proud is that you eat so well. What else could Mom & Dad ask for? Four good meals a day and such a regular GI system. Because of that we're now working on the potty-training at 13 months. You're a quick one. You were up on your feet and running around at 10 months. Let's pray that regarding the ways of the world - you won't be that quick at learning those things. Some habits and things... it's better to be naive to it.

Okay, I won't get ahead of myself here. This morning's Psalm is so appropriate. Especially in regards to the title of this blog: being a Texan Chu.

Psalm 87
His foundation is in the holy mountains.
The Lord loves the gates of Zion
more than all the other dwelling places of Jacob.
Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of God. Selah.
I shall mention Rahab and Babylon among those who know Me;
Behold, Philistia and Tyre with Ethiopia: 'This one was born there.'
But of Zion it shall be said, "This one and that one were born in her";
And the Most High Himself will establish her.
The Lord will count when He registers the peoples,
"This one was born there." Selah.
Then those who sing as well as those who play the flutes shall say, 
"All my springs of joy are in you."

There's a tie in my heart to Seattle - to Washington. Like I always say to Brother Sun, "I'll come back, like salmon." I was born there and I have an affinity toward it. Bethany was born here in Houston, in this great state of Texas and perhaps she might catch that thing they call, "Texas pride." I grin.



But what matters most, while man may say, I was born here or there, I want to be counted in the city of God when He registers His peoples. The Lord cares about this City. He's building and establishing it. Not only do we get a special birth certificate saying, we're belong to Zion, but He's placed an even more special seal in us... His own Life. So I harken to this eternal city. May all my family, Dad and Bethany and all unborn children - may we all be registered in His glorious city."All my springs of joy are in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment